1) Donate Financially - Our greatest need is cash for our mailing costs. With no paid staff, we strive to maximize the use of donations. We are a 501(c)(3) charity, so your gifts are tax deductible. We accept checks to Airborne Angel Cadets of Texas, P.O. Box 116691, Carrollton, TX 75011. You can donate via credit card through our Click and Pledge account.
Our Military Care Package activities - What's going on? March, 2016
1) Rock & Brews family restaurant in The Colony (TX) will hold a May 10 Grand Opening that will benefit U.S. military troops past and present. They have designated us as their charity beneficiary for the Grand Opening. The famous rock band, KISS (Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley), are co-founders of the Rock & Brews restaurant chain and are big supporters of the military. More details later.
2) At AT&T Stadium (Dallas Cowboys) Stadium in Arlington, the Airborne Angel Cadets of Texas will be the special beneficiary of Texas Super Glow II on Saturday, April 16. An estimated 30 hot air balloons will be lit up inside the stadium in a spectacular display. Tickets are available to the public.
3) The Highland Park Girls Track Team (thank you, Sophie) has collected a much appreciated 10 boxes of donations for our military troops deployed overseas! A big thanks to the young ladies.
4) JC Penney volunteers (some also volunteer regularly with us) worked with the youngsters at Samaritan Inn to draw beautiful artwork on pillow cases that will be included in our care packages. Their Help a Hero party also donated to us some wonderful cards for the troops.
5) The Expendables Motorcycle Club (members with military, firefighting, police, EMS, correction backgrounds) are planning a charity ride on June 18 to benefit the Airborne Angel Cadets of TX. More details later.
6) Girl Scout Cookies Packing Parties - April 2
We call this our 'Cookies' packing parties, but we will be including many other care package items in addition to the delicious cookies. This is typically our biggest packing event of the year. A special thanks to Two Men and a Truck for donating the use of their truck to pick up the cookie donations. And of course thanks to the Girl Scouts of TX Oklahoma Plains for the cookies.
7) Wine Tasting Event
We have a wine tasting event by A Wine Know at our warehouse tentatively planned for April 30. More details later.
8) A very special nonprofit, Tuesday's Children, in New York City will make Hacky Sacks to include in our care packages. The troops will love them.
9) We thank ZipFizz for their continued donations of their tasty, nutritious powdered drink mixes. And we thank the great folks at Mosaic for unpacking and bagging 4 pallets of ZipFizz. That saves us a ton of work. And a big thanks to Retail Comm for the use of their warehouse to receive the ZipFizz.
10) Downing Middle School in Flower Mound, TX will again have an amazing class business project to support the troops. They never cease to amaze with their ingenuity, energy, intelligence and patriotism.
11) The Highland Park High School National Honor Society will host a packing party (aided by volunteers of our nonprofit) at their school on April 16. The students will provide the goods, funds for postage and the volunteer labor. Last year, the HP NHS students packed over 100 boxes. Thanks, Jeffrey, for organizing this amazing project!
12) The Kroger Community Rewards program donated $265 as their quarterly donation to us. Kroger has been an important supporter of our efforts. Check out this Kroger link on how you can (for free) designate a portion of your purchases to go to our charity.
13) Concrete Ramp - Widening
We are trying to find a contractor who can donate services or product to help us widen a concrete walkway to 6.5' x 10'.
14) Huffman Elementary School (Plano) dropped off a bunch of letters for the troops. Letters, cards and notes are always valuable additions to our care packages!
15) 5K or 10K Fun Walks/Races
We are looking for corporate partners who can organize 'walks' or 'runs' and designate our 501(c)(3) nonprofit as the beneficiary. We know Texans, and Americans, love to run for a cause, and we would greatly welcome the support.
16) AER Manufacturing (Carrollton) has been kind enough to store many of our pallets in their warehouse until we are ready to receive them in our new warehouse. Trans-Expedite has generously offered to help transport the goods to our new warehouse. We will soon be fully operational.
17) Several businesses are considering hosting their own care package packing parties at our warehouse. This would enable us to cost-effectively increase the number of care packages that are shipped to our U.S. Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines deployed overseas.