1) Donate Financially - Our greatest need is cash for our mailing costs. With no paid staff, we strive to maximize the use of donations. We are a 501(c)(3) charity, so your gifts are tax deductible. We accept checks to Airborne Angel Cadets of Texas, P.O. Box 116691, Carrollton, TX 75011. You can donate via credit card through our Click and Pledge account.
August 2016 - Military Care Package Wish Lists & Activity Notes
Below are some notes on our summer/fall activities, wish lists, and some ideas on how you might be able to help us send care packages to U.S. Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines deployed overseas. We have mailed about 2,250 care packages so far in 2016.
1) Financial donations - We are about $75,000 short of our fundraising target for 2016. We are so thankful for our great supporters for donating about $65,000 through early August, but funding is always our greatest need. We do have to pay the postage costs on every box we mail.
2) Windows 7 laptops - We could use two laptops for our online postage and admin needs. We have four laptops, but two (one is an old Vista) are barely working.
3) Product donations - We welcome any company or group who can organize a collection drive for the troops. We seem to always be in need of toiletries, snacks, foods, and other care package items.
Companies and groups this year who have already donated goods via collection drives include Nosco, Bank of America - Plano, Allstate, ITT Tech Institute, Indian Creek Elementary School, Downing Middle School, Levi Strauss, Oxford Grand Community, International Facilities Mgt Association, Chicago Title, Colleyville Heritage High School Cheerleaders, Highland Park High School Girls Track Team, National Charity League, Northern Tool, etc.
4) Product Wish List - Some of our most needed items currently are:
* Coffee & Powdered Creamer
* Hand & foot warmers (winter is coming up).
* Protein / Power bars
* Bar soap / Body wash
* Beef sticks
* Razors & non-aerosol shave gel
* Laundry Detergent Pods
5) 5K or 10K Fun Runs / Walks
If any company could organize such an event, with our nonprofit as the beneficiary, we think that would be a great way to support our care package efforts.
6) Proprietary Packing Parties for Businesses or Organizations
If your company, or organization, is interested in doing a care package packing party at your location or at our warehouse (in the north Dallas area), we would certainly be open to discussing that opportunity. The wonderful people at Levi Strauss provided their own goods and postage funds and held a proprietary packing party at our warehouse early in 2016. Funding your own event, would allow us to reach more troops with care packages. And we do have troops that we have to turn away for lack of funds and product.
7) Kroger Community Rewards
At no added cost to the customer, Kroger will donate a portion of each purchase to a nonprofit you specify on their Community Rewards website. You need only sign-up or renew one time each year by designating us as your nonprofit. You can find us alphabetically on their website.
8) We collect used toner cartridges and cell phones, which can add precious funds to our efforts. These can be mailed to: Airborne Angel Cadets of Texas, P.O. Box 116691, Carrollton, TX 75011
9) Percentage of Sale Donated to Troops Marketing Campaign
Organizing a marketing campaign where a % of each sale is donated to the troops is an idea we would really appreciate. Loyalvets.com is a newly formed real estate company who is using this concept, and designating us as one of their beneficiaries.
The Airborne Angel Cadets of Texas welcome any inquiries regarding helping us send care packages to our American military troops deployed overseas.