1) Donate Financially - Our greatest need is cash for our mailing costs. With no paid staff, we strive to maximize the use of donations. We are a 501(c)(3) charity, so your gifts are tax deductible. We accept checks to Airborne Angel Cadets of Texas, P.O. Box 116691, Carrollton, TX 75011. You can donate via credit card through our Click and Pledge account.
With more care package requests than we have products and funds to fulfill, we focus on those American Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines that we believe are in the most austere environments while deployed overseas. We believe this is the intent of our generous donors, and something we also believe is important.
Most of our care packages currently go to U.S. military personnel in Iraq and Afghanistan. A smaller portion of care packages go to other troops in the Mideast, Eastern Europe, and Africa.
If you would like to support these troops with some care packages from our all-volunteer nonprofit, we would greatly welcome your support!
|U.S. service members in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. (AP, File)|
It's important to encourage and support our troops who are serving in these dangerous conditions - especially after this type of news. The Airborne Angel Cadets of Texas continue to send care packages to our U.S. Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines in Iraq and Afghanistan. There are many ways you can help; you can send requested items to us to be included in the care packages, donate funds through the Click and Pledge link at the top of the page or send checks made payable to: Airborne Angel Cadets of Texas, P.O. Box 116691, Carrollton, TX 75011.
Video above is a wonderful U.S. Navy Band rendition of Rachel Platten's "Fight Song".
Below are some notes on our summer/fall activities, wish lists, and some ideas on how you might be able to help us send care packages to U.S. Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines deployed overseas. We have mailed about 2,250 care packages so far in 2016.
1) Financial donations - We are about $75,000 short of our fundraising target for 2016. We are so thankful for our great supporters for donating about $65,000 through early August, but funding is always our greatest need. We do have to pay the postage costs on every box we mail.
2) Windows 7 laptops - We could use two laptops for our online postage and admin needs. We have four laptops, but two (one is an old Vista) are barely working.
3) Product donations - We welcome any company or group who can organize a collection drive for the troops. We seem to always be in need of toiletries, snacks, foods, and other care package items.
Companies and groups this year who have already donated goods via collection drives include Nosco, Bank of America - Plano, Allstate, ITT Tech Institute, Indian Creek Elementary School, Downing Middle School, Levi Strauss, Oxford Grand Community, International Facilities Mgt Association, Chicago Title, Colleyville Heritage High School Cheerleaders, Highland Park High School Girls Track Team, National Charity League, Northern Tool, etc.
4) Product Wish List - Some of our most needed items currently are:
* Coffee & Powdered Creamer
Soldier in Iraq (Fort Hood Ordnance Company):
Soldier in Iraq (101st Airborne):
"You all are amazing. Thanks for everything."
Chaplain in Romania:
"You guys are the best! The next rotation of about 400 Troops has arrived in my area. This will be a huge blessing and boost in morale!"
If you are looking for an opportunity to send some encouragement and support to American troops overseas, we would be very grateful for any financial support. Or, you can support our troops with items that are often hard for them to find (shampoo, microwavable meals, razors, foot powder, powdered drink mix, room air fresheners, body wash, baby wipes, socks, basic toiletries, snacks, etc.) You can send requested items to us to be included in the care packages, donate funds through the Click and Pledge link at the top of the page or send checks made payable to: Airborne Angel Cadets of Texas, P.O. Box 116691, Carrollton, TX 75011.