* Donate a percentage of sales to a patriotic cause. (i.e., "3% of all sales this weekend will be donated to support the troops."). Customers will appreciate your support of the troops.
* Setup a matching donation program.
* Donate to a nonprofit based on employees volunteer hours.
* Place collection boxes or donation jars for employees and/or customers.
* Donate surplus, misprinted, or other goods for the soldiers.
* Set up a Casual Friday where participants donate to a nonprofit.
Host any kind of contest (Fun run, golf, poker, bowling, movie-watching party, concert, etc.) with donations going to the Airborne Angel Cadets of Texas.
HOST AN EVENT AT YOUR LOCATION:
- Collect cash donations for mailing costs (One cubic foot costs about $30 to mail).
- Write notes and letters to the troops.
* Buy blank pillow cases. Draw pictures and write notes to the soldiers on the pillow cases.
* Make handmade greeting cards (great for kids) that soldiers can use to send messages home to their loved ones. Leave enough blank space for soldiers to write their own messages to their family and friends.
LINK YOUR KROGER PLUS CARD TO AIRBORNE ANGEL CADETS OF TEXAS
It's free and adds nothing to your grocery bill. Kroger will donate a percentage of your purchases to a nonprofit of your choice .
Everyone has to renew your sign-up each year. You can only sign up online at Kroger Community Rewards, which will link your Kroger Plus Card to Airborne Angel Cadets of Texas (our Kroger nonprofit organization #84250).
* You have to renew your charity selection each year, beginning in August.
* You can only sign up online. Basically you create a username and password, and designate a charity ... your account can be used for other Kroger benefits as well.
COLLECTION DRIVES FOR GOODS:
1) Pick an item or items for your particular collection drive.
2) Print out flyers and distribute to your collectors.
3) For motivation, you can have internal contests to see which group collects the most.
4) If possible, set up collection boxes or donation jars at local businesses.
5) On completion, gather the goods and make sure all liquids are double bagged.
6) Pack up the boxes.
* Do not pack smelly items (air fresheners, BenGay, insect repellant) together with food items.
* Do not collect glass bottles, pork products, cans that require a can opener, or chocolates (except during winter).
7a) If in the Dallas area, email us for arrangements on receiving the goods.
7b) Outside of Dallas area, email us for instructions on where to mail the goods.
* "Socks for Soldiers" - Plain white (no logos) or military specific (Thorlo).
* "Coffee for Troops" - Ground or instant coffee.
* "DVD's for Troops" - Can include CD's or video games.
* "Flip flops for Troops" - Used for showering.
* "Go Nuts for the Troops" - Peanuts, cashews, almonds, pistachios, etc.
* "Ladies Only" - Beauty products, feminine products, moisturizers, chick flicks, cosmetic sets, ladies deodorant, fancy sheets and pillow cases, colorful stationery.
* "Holiday theme" - Pick a holiday 3-4 months in advance (Valentines, Christmas, 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc.) and send decorations, decorated paper plates and napkins, foods and gifts so that the soldiers can have a little fun.
* "Birthday theme" - Every soldier has a birthday, but it's not always fun to celebrate it away from family and loved ones. Birthday plates, napkins, table cloths, and birthday decorations are good items.
You can see our detailed list of requested items on our web page "What is Requested".
* Conduct your web searches with www.goodsearch.com. Designate Airborne Angel Cadets of Texas as your charity, and Goodsearch will donate a portion of their revenue to us.